• Welcome to Dream City RPG!
    Have a look around to see everything there is that Dream City RPG has to offer!
    Need help registering? Visit The Guidebook for step-by-step instructions!
    See you soon!

Writing What kind of roleplayer poster are you?

LunarScorpio

Dream Weavers
Staff member
We all have different ways or roleplaying when it comes down to it. So, I'm wondering, what kind of roleplay poster are you.
  • What is your post speed?
  • How much do you write?
  • What person do you write in (i.e. first, third)
  • Do you have a specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replied to your partner?
  • How detailed are you?
Let us know what kind of roleplay poster you are here!

Megan

Well, I feel like I was a better poster some years back. I can write half decent posts if I really try. On the plus I post pretty fast.

operatic

I like threads that keep a pace of about 2-3 days max waiting for a post from any player

I like to write between 150-300 words, sometimes more but not very often less

I write most often in third but I like first too in terms of POV

I set a bare minimum of 80 words

Is there a scale?

LunarScorpio

Dream Weavers
Staff member
What is your post speed?

It honestly varies. There are days I can post several times a day, but there are others days that I'm so busy that I can't reply at all. But I do try to reply as quickly as I can. It just depends on what's happening in my life and how into the roleplay I am.

How much do you write?

Again, that kind of varies. It depends on how much I get to work with from my partner(s) and how into the roleplay I am. But, on average, I seem to write somewhere between 700-1000 words.

What person do you write in (i.e. first, third)

I pretty much only write in third person. I have written in first person, but prefer third. It's hard when I do write something in first person and then have to switch to third though, haha.

Do you have a specific amount of writing you have to do to feel like you've properly replied to your partner?

Not necessarily. As long as I have given my partner(s) enough to go off of, I'm generally pretty happy. That and as long as I'm helping move the roleplay along.

How detailed are you?

I'm generally pretty detailed--especially when I'm describing a new location, clothing, etc. I feel as though I can get lazy about it sometimes, but for the most part I'm pretty detail oriented.