• Welcome to Dream City RPG!
    Have a look around to see everything there is that Dream City RPG has to offer!
    Need help registering? Visit The Guidebook for step-by-step instructions!
    See you soon!

Future Features

LunarScorpio

Dream Weavers
Staff member
Hello all!

As some of you may know--especially if you're part of the Discord Sever--I have been thinking about obtaining a new software for the forum. But, before I do that, I wanted to know what types of features you would like to see here on Dream City RPG. I can't guarantee everything that is requested for will be able to be done (for one reason or another), but I will try my best to add what you're asking for! So, tell me, what features would you like to see here?

Fay

Dream Watchers
Staff member
  • Member of the month feature
  • A use for the currency that we accrue
  • Possibly a way to @ someone, like you tried before.
  • This is kinda far fetched, but maybe a way to display a poll on the main index page, just for some fun questions.
  • Maybe a "Know your Staff" section

A way to delete posts posted in the wrong area?

Also (this may just be because I'm new) but a clearer reply system? again this may be bc I'm new but i get confused at times on how to properly respond to a post

LunarScorpio

Dream Weavers
Staff member
Fay said:
  • Member of the month feature
  • A use for the currency that we accrue
  • Possibly a way to @ someone, like you tried before.
  • This is kinda far fetched, but maybe a way to display a poll on the main index page, just for some fun questions.
  • Maybe a "Know your Staff" section
We should be able to have a trophy system put into place with the new software that we can make a Member of the month feature happen. With the new software, there's also an @ feature installed so that will be coming soon! I'm still trying to think of ways to use currency whether it's within the main RP and/or around the site. I know there will be some nice add-ons possible, so it may end up going toward that after I get everything together. The "Know Your Staff" section is definitely coming and I'll need to look into the poll thing. Even if I can't be displayed on the index, maybe we can do a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly thread with something.

cryptidjuice said:
A way to delete posts posted in the wrong area?

Also (this may just be because I'm new) but a clearer reply system? again this may be bc I'm new but i get confused at times on how to properly respond to a post
I may implement a soft delete feature once we move. Only because sometimes people try to "dirty delete" and that within itself causes some issues. And we're going to be putting together a comprehensive guide to using the forum itself once we move, so that way it'll be a little easier for people to be acclimated to using a forum--especially if they haven't already.

Great ideas, you two! Thank you :) Keep 'em coming!

LunarScorpio

Dream Weavers
Staff member
A quick update on features:

• Member of the Month feature - working on looking for something that will let us do this.
  • Right now we don't have currency and I probably won't add it unless we can figure out a reason to have it.
  • The tag feature is a thing, just put @ before the username of the person you want to tag. For example @Fay (@ Fay is what I used)
  • I'm looking into the poll on the main index page and found a couple of options.
  • We are working on the "Know your Staff" page, which will come along when it's done being written.
  • You should be able to delete your posts, I believe. If not, I just have to change the permissions.
  • I'm hoping the reply system is better now and not as glitchy as it was. There is an extensive guide coming to on using the forum mechanics.

ZandraJoi

Thank you for taking the time to make your forum run smoothly!
I saw the area Outskirts. Is that a Role Playing thing or for well, literal nature stuff? lol

Smokey

Being a roleplaying site, a Moods option would be cool to have so people can display the type of mood they are currently in, there are a few add-ons that achieve this but can be pricey, if you wish to go the cheaper route, a simple custom profile field option would work as well.

LunarScorpio

Dream Weavers
Staff member
Being a roleplaying site, a Moods option would be cool to have so people can display the type of mood they are currently in, there are a few add-ons that achieve this but can be pricey, if you wish to go the cheaper route, a simple custom profile field option would work as well.
I actually have plans to add this and found an add on for it that I like. I've got some other things being worked on first, but it's coming! :)

Smokey

I actually have plans to add this and found an add on for it that I like. I've got some other things being worked on first, but it's coming! :)
Sounds good! We've been looking at Addon Flare's Mood add-on to add it to Revillution at some point. :)