Dream City RPG
Live Your Dreams
  • Welcome to Dream City RPG!
    Have a look around to see everything there is that Dream City RPG has to offer!
    Need help registering? Visit The Guidebook for step-by-step instructions!
    See you soon!

Entertainment Books to Movies

LunarScorpio

Dream Weavers
Staff member
Books being adapted into movies is not new at all. It’s something that happens and will continue happening as long as books are a thing, which I hope is forever. Either way, what do you think about the movies that are based off of books? Do you think the movie or the book is generally better or maybe you think they’re about on par with one another? What would you say is your favorite book to movie adaptation and why?

Megan

Most often I usually like the books more. Honestly, they seem to be hit or miss.

Some movies I've found to be quite terrible. One that comes to mind is Beautiful Creatures. I was SO disappointed with it. Completely changed everything. I really was more hopeful for it.

But there are some that seem to do it well. Now, I only saw a couple of the Harry Potter movies, but they seemed to do the books decent justice. First one that comes to mind when I think of good book movies.

operatic

Generally speaking the books tend to be better than the movies that are based off of them. There's a lot of reasons for this but that aside I'll say one of my favorite adaptations that I thought also matched the book really well was No Country for Old Men

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG Initiative RPGfix Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment! Holistically Secular The Roleplay Network